It is not recommended to use a live defibrillator unit for training purposes. All main stream defibrillators manufacturers make a training unit for exactly this.
Why use a training unit?
There are several reasons why it is recommended to use a training unit:
- if you take a live unit from its designated location then you are taking it out of action and it is there to help someone’s life!
- Using a live unit for training may result in reducing the life of the battery and the live defibrillator might not be working when needed.
- Live defibrillator units are potentially dangerous if misused.
- Training units use a different power supply and will not deliver a shock.
- Training units look exactly like a live unit and are the safe option to learn how to use live defibrillators.